Re: [omc-boats] Tuning engine out of the water?

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:41:27 -0500

Tom, There is an adaptor that goes on the small plate on the sterndrive
where it rotates up and down - I have seen them for sale but can't
recall where - I am sure Lee or Glenn or others will come up with where
to find it. Dave

Tom Kennedy wrote:

> OK I've got another question...when I bought my boat (68 Sportsman
> 155), it had been sitting for a number of years outside without being
> prepared for storage. To make a long story short, I'm rebuilding the
> carb among a bunch of other things. I don't have access to water
> where I can tinker with the engine for an extended period (public
> access nearby is all). SO is there any safe way I can run the
> engine/drive out of the water while I tune/time it? There is no
> garden hose adapter (can this be purchased and fitted?) and the
> universal earmuff-style garden hose adapters don't work on these things.
> What to other landlocked owners do when they need to run the engine
> for repairs? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
> Tom
> -----
> To get off this list send mail to omc-boats-unsubscribe@...
To get off this list send mail to omc-boats-unsubscribe@...
Received on Monday, 26 June 2006

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tuesday, 29 July 2014 EDT