Re: [omc-boats] Fastener question

From: Joe <knight@...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:59:23 -0600

Yo Tom.First of all those are not STEPS they are trim tabs and won't hold the weight of soneone standing on them. They force the bow of the boat down when you start out to assist in planing the boat.. You can probibly find plastic fasteners at home depot or reall any hrad ware store. Good Lock. Joe
---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Tom Kennedy <tomk@...>
Reply-To: omc-boats@...
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:17:59 -0500

>Hi all-
>Got a odd "new guy" question. I've got a 68 Sportsman and it's got the
>small aluminum step-like-things at the bottom of the transom (I am sure
>I've seen them on other models too). One of mine was hanging partly off
>so I took the mounting screws out and removed it. The hull is fine
>there, but the (nylon?) anchors used to mount the step to the transom
>are virtualy disintigrated. So I've got these 2 small holes in the hull
>now. My question:
>Does anybody know where to get these nylon anchor things, or what might
>be a suitable replacement? A search of the hardware store didn't reveal
>anything obvious. Or should I just give up on the step and seal up the
>All advice is appreciated...
>To get off this list send mail to omc-boats-unsubscribe@...
To get off this list send mail to omc-boats-unsubscribe@...
Received on Saturday, 24 June 2006

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tuesday, 29 July 2014 EDT