Re: [omc-boats] Introduction

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:30:58 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/06 10:58:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
kenf@... writes:

<< Probably my first change to the boat will be to add a transom mounted swim
platform or boarding ladder - would love advise on gotchas, or to hear other
success stories. >>

Not needed - if the engine is turned off, it is easy to put your feet on the
sides
of the outdrive just above the prop, stand up, then step up on the top of the
outdrive and up into the boat. I've had 3 Seasport 155s and that's how we
always
got out when skiing. Heaven help you if you've fallen overboard and the
outdrive
is in the UP position and there's no one to lower the outdrive unit.

Lee Hazen, l970 "Surfer" (which is still for sale - make an offer - -)