RE: [omc-boats] Johnson 9" tires

From: Gregory B. Fell <gfell@...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 09:06:09 -0500

Sounds similar to my experience. When I moved the boat from Michigan to
Texas about 6 years ago, I started in Traverse City, Michigan on the old
tires (don’t even know what they were). I made it less than 100 miles when
I lost one. I put the spare on and, fortunately, made it back to the
in-laws in Lapeer, Michigan. I bought the Nanco tires and made the 1250
mile trip to Dallas without incident. Those wheels are so small and those
tires turn so fast at highway speed (they get very hot) – I don’t think 10
ply is overkill if you do any significant freeway speed hauling.

Gregory B. Fell

The Fell Law Firm

3300 Oak Lawn Avenue, Suite 700

Dallas, Texas 75219