RE: [omc-boats] Seasport

From: D.Joe Knight <knight@...>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:30:20 -0600

I have a 69 Striker out drive and I have removed the worm gear several
times. Remove the C Clip on the back of the worm gear housing and after
removing the crescent shaped gear from the out drive just turn the mechanism
so that it appears you are raining the out drive. Some times the plug gets
dirty but it will come out. You tilt motor is not what allows the out drive
to come up in the event of am emergency. The clutch in the tilt mechanism is
what slips to allow the out drive to slide up . Good luck.