Re: [omc-boats] Seasport

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:29:49 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/06 7:11:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
scottveazie@... writes:

<< Does anyone
 know how to remove the worm gear? I've got the tilt gear out, just need to
 get access to the worm gear. I'm assuming the key is broken. >>

The shaft, drive pin and worm gear can be pushed out by removing the tilt
motor and pushing on the shaft. The worm gear can be pulled out from the
rear. It has a slot in the end that engages with the drive pin. If the pin
shears,
then the worm gear will slip.

Sounds like your tilt clutch needs to be serviced. It MUST slip when the out
drive hits something. It should slip when the drive is down if the down
button is pushed. In reverse, the outdrive should pull up if you give it full
throttle.

It's been a long time since I've used a Seasport or worked on one. I
apologize
if my information is incorrect.

Lee Hazen