Re: [omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #459

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:34:26 -0600

Hi Tom,
Hey, Great to hear from you! But don't let the snow bother you - all you
have to do is bring your boat down to Red Wing, cross into Wisconsin and
go to the second bridge - back channel of the Mississippi - there is a
boat ramp there that is open all year - you can put in and go for a spin
any time you want - across the river from the ramp is the Mr. Sippi
tavern to warm up in - just wear warm cloths and be sure you have enough
gas. When you pull your boat all you have to do to winterize (I know
people will disagree with this - but I have been doing it for over 25
years) is open the pet cocks on each side of the block (on V6's) and
that's it - I never pull hoses or drain the water pump etc. and have
never had a problem - and my boats have been sitting in -20's and
-30's! Let me know if you are ever in the Red Wing area I'd like to
check your OMC out - Dave