Re: [omc-boats] gobblety-gook

From: David T. Detrick <ddetrick@...>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:24:08 -0500

Ralph is correct. When I reply to a message, I'll either "scroll down" to
get rid of all the gobblety-gook, or leave only information pertinent to
the reply. My wife and I do this with other messages we receive from other
folks also. It takes a few extra key strokes but we figure it's a courtesy
to others so they don't have to scroll down through a bunch of repetious
forwards/replys.
Dave

At 08:34 AM 2/26/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>I think that a lot of the problem with "gobblety-gook" is that the users
are hitting the reply button when writing to the group, which
>loads the entire thread back into the system. If the users instead
compose and send an original message all of this extra stuff would be
eliminated.