Re: [omc-boats] omc

From: lib1@...
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 07:46:48 -0700

Ryan

Just verify (by the casting numbers) that "what you were told" is accurate.
If your 231 is indeed an 83-84 model, then it is an even-fire crankshaft.
There is no significant difference in horsepower based on even-fire or
odd-fire crankshafts.

Sorry if I confused you, What I meant by type is this:

Type A = 225 (3.7L) odd-fire original OMC/BUICK/Jeep V6
Type B = 231 (3.8L) odd-fire 74-75 BUICK V6
Type C = 231 (3.8L) even-fire 76-up BUICK V6
Type D = 229 (3.8L) even-fire 78-up OMC/Chevy V6