Re: [omc-boats] 69 55hp & 72 65hp

From: jim orfino <jorfino@...>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:17:21 -0700

cylinder bore is the same on these engines as is the stroke, but that doesn't mean the block and pistons are the same. They are not! The 55hp bore had two intake ports, while the 65hp has three. In 72 the 65 hp used the same hydro-electrid gearcase as the 55hp, in 1973 this was changed to a hydro-mechanical design which won't swap. If the driveshaft splines are the same and both motors are either 15 inch or 20 inch models, you should be able to swap lower ends.