[omc-boats] 69 55hp & 72 65hp

From: Bill Desmond <nebdlo@...>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 06:15:03 -0800 (PST)

Any body have experience or have knowledge of the compatibility for parts swaping these 2 engines. The lower end went on my 1969 evinrude 55hp. I bought a supposedly running 1972 johnson 65 hp for $80.00 on ebay. From the picks they look identicle. Im hoping the only difference is cylinder bore, but I have no idea until I pick it up next weekend. Im sure in the next month or so I will know all I need to, but as of right now Im just curios as hell.
Daemian