[omc-boats] Re: Ball gear on ebay

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:50:07 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Ethan Brodsky wrote:
> If you know anyone looking for a ball gear, this is a very good deal:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4591547494&fromMakeTrack=true
> I'm half tempted to buy it for myself as a backup...

Is anyone planning on picking this up? It's currently at $26 with only 6
hours to go. It's a ball gear (press-on), intermediate shaft, bearings,
and bearing retainer plate for a 1970 OMC V-6. The only other bidder is a
boat shop and I doubt he'll go anywhere near what it is worth if he's just
planning on reselling it.

I don't want to drive up the price if someone on here is planning on
getting it, as it'll just be a spare for me, but I'd hate to let it go when
I could've had it for so little. I paid $60 for my last one without the
bearing or plate, but "retail" on this part would probably be upwards of
$200.

Ethan

--
<A HREF="http://www.pobox.com/~ebrodsky/"> Ethan Brodsky </A>
UW FutureCar Team Paradigm: Two-Year FutureCar Challenge Winner