[omc-boats] ignition

From: Zach Stanley <zachstanley@...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:54:15 +0800

Hi all!
  I just received a massage from a pertronix ignition dealer sayng that if I have disridutor # 1110376, I have an even-fire V-6 and can use the drop-in e-ignition module. After being told by two mechanics and multiple others that there is no electronic ignition for the OMC v-6s, I figure I should turn this one out for discussion.

Is our 1970 seasport 155 indeed an even fire V-6?

Has anyone used the Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition module?

I don't have any trouble with starts - even after winterization, she always fires right up immediately, but I do have rich exhaust. Will EI help improve performance aside from starting?

Any comments welcome!
By the way, thanks for all the encouragement on the hydrofoil for the outdrive. We saw a 100% improvement in rideability after installing a Stingray hydrofoil! Thanks!

Also I am sending some pictures of the Seasport in action in seattle to be posted on the ulimate site. Ours is the second to last seaport 155.
Zach