Re: [omc-boats] In search of a Chicago mechanic

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 03:14:42 -0500

Embarrassed to say this, I had forgotten there is a ballast resistor
directly between the + on the coil and the I on the starter solenoid on
most of these engines. If it's blown your engine will not start, might be
part of the wiring harness. On some there might be a inline fuse holder on
the ignition side of the starter switch. My 1966 Rogue has a fuse in the
fuse holder under the dash marked ignition.