Re: [omc-boats] Cleats

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:23:22 -0500

Yes, water did get in the engine, just pulled the plugs and cranked her over,
then drained the oil - put in a new filter and cranked her up - steamed a while,
but all is fine.

Actually it was not the chain that broke, I had one of those "O" clevice rings
holding the two chains from the transom and attached to the davit - it broke. Now
I used two of them, one on each chain.

I have lived on my boat since 1993 - and love it. I rebuilt the boat to handle
winters etc. have been out running at 30 below zero - entire boat heated by a
pulse furnace - including the engine room - and, I have 37 miles of river that
never freezes - power plant running two reactors keeps the water above freezing.
So you have not lived until you go for a cruise in a snowstorm! If I ever retire
I intend to run South - sounds like Old Hickory Lake would be a great stop!
Dave