Re: [omc-boats] Cleats

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:51:41 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/05 2:24:54 PM Central Daylight Time, odin@...
writes:

<< I have a 65' houseboat with very large steel davits on the stern from
 which I hang a 1970 Johnson Seasport. Luckily I happened to be on the
 top deck when I heard a terrible bang - I looked over the stern and saw
 the chains holding up the stern of the Seasport had broken and the
 entire stern was under water >>

HOLY COW Batman ! I was holding my breath while reading this post -
AMAZING !!

Now - THAT'S A LIFEBOAT !

I hope your Seasport didn't suffer any major damage. Did water get in the
engine?

You don't hear of chains breaking very often . Those must be some major
davits on the back of your houseboat.

You must really enjoy cruising the Miss. on that boat !

You can get to here via the Miss, Ohio, Tenn and Cumberland Rivers. We
have locks and dams. Old Hickory Lake is beautiful. I took a nice cruise
on my pontoon boat "Serenity Now !" last evening.

Johnny Cash's home is vacant and up for sale for $2,900,000. Not a bad
price for a 8,000 sq. ft. lake front home w/boat dock and 4 acres. I noticed
a large chandelier up in the master bedroom was glowing on.

Lee Hazen