Re: [omc-boats] painting the rogue

From: LShuster \(lib1\) <lib1@...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:27:56 -0600

Good safety point made by Greg and Glenn, and yes terminology can be confusing. The lifting eyes (one front) and two rear are chrome-plated brass fittings that are bolted solidly thru the hull and transom. The cleats (chrome on early models) and later years were vinyl covered are not designed to support lifting. The cleats are meant for tying up dock lines or hanging fenders from them. So if David had been really using the cleats -- rather than the lift eyes he wouldn't be here today. I was surprised OMC recommended using the rear deck cleats for trailer tie downs. I prefer using the transom eyes as trailer tie down points.

Lee