[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #307

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:08:13 -0400

Get a SELOC manual and look under tests to do to determine water flow -
basically you sequentially remove hoses and fill buckets to determine
adequate flow through the system. My V8 has logs on the sides and they need
to be rodded out every so often esp. in salt water. That is covered in the
manual too. Do the easy stuff first - drain the petcocks on the block into a
clear container - any large rust particles? Maybe a clog in the system - the
block is a low point in the system. I have a set of clear hoses that I
install in front temporarily to watch the waterflow - you can get clear
tubing at Lowes or Home Depot - hook it up and you can see the water flow.
BTW I took my Rogue out Friday and skied behind it - a first - quite a
reward for all the hard work - I am just getting over the stiffness (52
y/o). A beautiful day on the river with wife and 2 kids. Went to Sandy Isle
which is like a horshoe lake with large sand dunes, connected to but off the
beaten path of the Intracostal Waterway/ Waccamaw River - a favorite spot
for the locals for skiing and sunning - . People would say "Evinrude made a
boat!?? TK