Re: [omc-boats] trailer

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:50:34 -0700

Glenn, As I mentioned before when I recommended NAPA, the bearings are
available and are actually a standard trailer bearing, which means there
are standard hubs and wheels available - you should be able to go in and
buy the wheels and hubs as a set for a very reasonable price - I paid
around $45 on the last ones I bought. I don't know if you have a
Northern Equipment store by you, but that's where I get mine. I know you
were able to get bearings, if you check the OD of the bearings, then the
ID of the hub, it will give you a good idea as to their working. I had a
hub and bearing go out on my 17' deluxe - 60 miles away and sitting in a
farmers yard - went in and bought the hub, wheel, tire and bearings for
under $60 and they all slid right on. At Northern Equipment you can buy
complete axle sets, including the torsion type used by OMC, for under
$200 - so I think you need to do a little checking on getting a new hub
etc. Dave