[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #270

From: Jesse Keaton <J.Keaton@...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:21:12 -0400

Hi Tom...
I'm goin to SC in July and I have a 1967 Evinrude 155 sportsman...It's got a 15
gallon gas tank on it with the v-6...I never had this boat on the water since I
been restoring it...I wonder if you or anyone can tell me about how far I can go
on a tank of gas with the v-6...About the rub rail...I have a strip about 3 ft.
that has the rubber missing...I looked everywhere and cant find anything that
will work...I wish you luck in finding it,,and I'm just gonna end up making my
own insert for it ...If you or anyone wants the seats that came off my sportsman
let me know...It would have cost me more to re do them around here so I bought
new seats for it...I hated to do that,,and wanted to keep it original...The foam
and wood is in great shape,,the covering is cracked and gone in some
places....The frame has been broken is acouple of places,,nothing bad,,but need
welding ...I tryed to weld one place,,but the welder I have dont work good with
alum...Cant get enought heat for it to stick...Anyways,,I rather give them to
someone that needs them then to have them sit and take up space..If you want
them I'll be in Garden City the last week in July,,and back and forth to James
Island around Charleston........
    Glad to see you got your boat goin good....I bought mine off e-bay frm a
person in Mich...They had it sittin on Lake Mich. for sometimes cause below the
water line the gelcoat was cracked really bad...Pretty much shattered..I been
takin Evercoat filler and pushing it into the cracks and sanding...Now I'm to
the sprayin the epoxy paint on...I have some of the bottom done just to see how
it's gonna work,,and it's looking great...I love these old OMC boats...Hate to
see one go to waste..........
      Hope you enjoy your as much as I know I'm gonna do mine!!!!