Re: [omc-boats] Re: Fuel Range Question

From: LShuster \(lib1\) <lib1@...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:39:41 -0600

Based on my experience with the same hull and engine, you are easily going
to get 100 miles to a tank, regardless of speed or load. You might get
125 -150 miles if you throttled back to optimum steady cruise RPM and the
boat was lightly loaded. We do a lot of stop/start skiing/tubing and always
with four or five adults in the boat, but we still seem to run for four or
more hours before even thinking about fuel. Nonetheless, I always start out
with a full tank and try not to run it below 1/4 on the guage. Fill-ups
usually take on 10-11 gallons

I've thought about installing a fuel-flow transducer to get more accurate
readings, but where we boat, we are never more than about 6-7 miles away
from fuel at the worst.

Lee