Re: [omc-boats]

From: Paige <windfallfarm@...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:01:29 -0600

thank you, I will try to scrub it clean this summer. good old fashioned elbow
grease.
A long stainless steel steering cable, are they available through marine supply
yards?
I will address that this year before it breaks and becomes a harder repair, thank
you for the help.

Also, just a reminder before everyone sets off boating.
Last year my husband was driving his 17' Parker with a 90hp Mercury outboard on an
inland lake.
When he went to bank a wide left at a moderate speed the boat whipped around in a
radical tight turn that sent a seated passenger against the hull and then out into
the water, catapulted from the boat, not run over but very nearly so. Upon
pulling the boat on the trailer, the prop was bent forward to a drastic degree on
one fin, probably done either launching the boat or most likely while out drifting
and fishing in the shallows. New England fresh water lakes and ponds are riddled
with rock.

Check your prop and be aware of what lies beneath, know the waters you are boating
on, be safe.
thanks, Paige