RE: [omc-boats] Tow Vehicles

From: Ian Torrey <itorrey@...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:48:57 -0500

A year has gone by, and I've still not even had an opportunity to find out
if my Sweet 16 that I bought runs, let alone tackle any restoration to her.
It seems I always have one too many projects on the go, or maybe one too
many children under 8 - I'm not sure. But one day I do hope to be able to
take my kids cruising in this beautiful piece of history...

Since tow vehicles is the topic of discussion, I was wondering, does anyone
have approximate weight for a Sweet 16 with a 100hp (circa approx. 1965)
Johnson outboard? I'm in the final strokes of purchasing a new mini van, and
want to make sure I equip it properly for all my potential towing needs.

I also want to thank you all for the great information on this site and
list. While I'm pretty much an armchair mechanic on the boat until a current
truck restoration gets completed, I've been gathering lots of great
information "planning" the project. The biggest hurdle should be getting my
wife to let me start into something else before I complete a few home reno
projects that have been neglected...

Ian