Re: [omc-boats] Tow Vehicles

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:47:47 -0500

I typically use our Windstar, but have also used my Explorer, Escape,
F-Series, and an old Lincoln Continental and Town Car. All have towed with
relative ease, though I have to admit the Windstar surprised me and has been
one of the best for towing, despite being FWD. Our trailer is a 1967 TeeNee
1900 which was not the standard Johnson trailer. It had surge brakes, but
they died a long time ago. Since it didn't have sealed axle bearings, I
finally got sick of replacing them and replaced the whole axle -- EZ Loader
Boat Trailers in Tullahoma, TN (1-800-562-0881 if it's still good) was
willing to sell me just the axle (built to my specifications) and shipped it
right to my door for a very reasonable price (don't remember how much, but I
was very happy). Now, in addition to not having to replace wheel bearings
every year, I once again have surge brakes and very little difficulty
trailering.