[omc-boats] Re: Buick V6 water pump

From: lib1@...
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:39:46 -0700

> Unfortunately the water pump was
> replaced years ago with the automotive equivalent. So far there are no
> issues
> with this but I will be replacing it with the regulatory approved
> (expensive yet
> again) marine water pump.

I wondered about replacement water pumps on the Buick/Kaiser 225 V6 myself.

Upon checking the original 1965 OMC parts manual and (other newer versions
as well)
the document has clearly labeled which engine parts are available from GM
auto dealers, ie not unique OMC/marine parts.
The water pump listed is the same as the auto version. Seems strange but in
the case of the Buick V6 it seems to be true.
Anyone else had experience replacing Buick V6 waterpumps on their OMC
150/155hp engines?

Paige, sounds like your V6 powertrain should be good to go this season. Hope
that snow melts soon!

Lee