[omc-boats] Back up and running!!

From: Scott Veazie <scottveazie@...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:23:18 -0800

Good news! I have gotten my original intake manifold with new gaskets back
on the motor, with a new power valve in my rebuilt carb, and have gotten it
tuned correctly for idle on the water. Seems to running just as good was
before (which it ran great) but not leaking gas anymore. When tuning the
motor I had it tied to the dock, in gear with RPM around 550. This is when
I discovered that my tach is way off, right now it says that at idle I'm at
1100 which is bogus. Any ideas how to correct this? Since I seem to have
gotten the motor back in order, my attention turns back to interior resto,
with new "astroturf" from Home Depot, but in dark grey instead of green.
Also, I plan on buying new back to back seats since it's way cheaper than
redoing the originals. I'm looking for matching Johnson script badges for
both sides since I'm missing one of mine on the port bow, anybody have a
pair? Also, anybody have an original speedometer and tach? Thanks!!

~Scott