Re: [omc-boats] Re-powering Options

From: Jed Doty <jeddoty@...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:52:43 -0800

Before my Seasport burned in a tragic marina fire, as well as my house and
several others, I too thought of repowering. Being somewhat of a purist and
vintage enthusiast at heart, I researched the possibility of installing a
Buick 401, which was used as a marine engine occasionally. Imagine the
power! However, manifolds are almost impssible to find and the outdrive
could never take the torque. Of course, with the search potential of the
net, one could possibly find manifolds and swap out the drive for an OMC
used behind GM engine of larger displacement..... possibly Olds.

Jed