[omc-boats] Buick V6 intake

From: Scott Veazie <scottveazie@...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:05:38 -0800

So today I decided to stop the slight fuel leak on my Rochester 2 barrel by
re-building the carb, and what happens? One of the four bolts that holds
the carb to the intake shears off. So I'm like "ok, I'll just drill and
easy out the sucker and I'll be in business". The easy out breaks. So I
believe my only recourse is to drill out and retap the hole in the intake
manifold. I have removed the manifold, and will take it somewhere to do
that. This is what I get for trying to do the right thing and rebuilding.
It's amazing how a simple little task can ballon like this. In any case, I
would like to get another intake manifold (just in case), does anyone have
an extra lying around they can spare? Thanks!!

~Scott