[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #226

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:15:36 -0500

I think I know the gauges you are talking about but don't have a clue as to
what to use as a sender. I would ask the seller for advice. If that doesn't
work them I would go to NAPA and ask the oldest counterman at the slowest
time of the day for help. It shouldn't be too hard to match off the shelf
senders to those gauges which I bet are Stewart Warner type gauges. The oil
pressure gauge will need an oil line? I guess the temp. gauge is electric.
Dont cut any holes till you are d*#! sure its what you want. I personally
connected an after market oil pressure gauge to the block and clamped it to
the hull to test the oil pressure as I was not sure the idiot light was
working. I took it apart after the test and went back to original set up.
Good luck. Tom K.