Re: OMC Boats for Newbies [omc-boats] New Member

From: lib1@...
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:37:18 -0600

Hi Phil,

You are absolutely correct, my mistake, the photo is of the Ski Lark.

The Brooks Stevens book you mention has several great pages & photos devoted
to the Evinrude concept boats. I was also able to get it out of the library
where I work. He did have a sense of humour, as evidenced by the
Wienermobile. But he also had one on the longest running auto designs in
production some 30-odd years with the Jeep Wagoneer. Practically invented
the whole SUV thing!

One great resource (besides monitoring ebay for old boats) is
www.fiberglassics.com I highly recommend it, to those into restoring
fiberglass boats, after your great site, Phil.

PS -- If anyone knows of an available 1965 or 1967 Evinrude boat brochure(s)
in good condition, please contact me. I'd like to scan 'em and return 'em.

Lee