Re: OMC Boats for Newbies [omc-boats] New Member

From: Phil Budne <phil>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:24:36 -0400 (EDT)

Lee wrote:
> BTW, there's a pic of the Sport 14 (OUTBOARD version of the I/O-powered
> Playmate/Caprice) on my web at:
> http://hhscott.com/evinrude/brooks_stevens.htm and also
> http://hhscott.com/evinrude/images/id_bs_14.jpg

I would have called the boat pictured above a "Ski Lark" (all of the
Caprice/Platmate and Ski Larking being 14' versions of the Sweet 16
and Reveler), while the Sport '14 is the 14' version of the Sport 16
Sportsman, and (later) SeaSport models.

I've passed on two Sport '14's, I'm not sure I could find the strength
a third time!

I got a copy of "Industrial Strength Design" out via inter-library
loan. Stevens' most famous design is the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile (on
which he comments, his major innovation was to mount the weiner on a bun)!

Lee, thanks for your great web site!
-phil

P.S.
How *DO* you find all those eBay items?
I recently picked up the 1964 Evinrude brochure you spotted!