Re: OMC Boats for Newbies [omc-boats] New Member

From: lib1@...
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:50:56 -0600

You're right about OMC building some nice outboards over the years. I grew
up on various OMC's including 7.5, 18, 40 twins and a 75 V-4 on various
hulls. All of them were very dependable.

Here's a list of all the OUTBOARD-ONLY MODELS that I'm aware of ordered by
hull type:

BTW, there's a pic of the Sport 14 (OUTBOARD version of the I/O-powered
Playmate/Caprice) on my web at:
http://hhscott.com/evinrude/brooks_stevens.htm and also
http://hhscott.com/evinrude/images/id_bs_14.jpg

1965 14.9 Evinrude 302402L Ski Lark 14 Gray Outboard O/B rated: 25-80 hp
1965 14.9 Evinrude 302502L Ski Lark 14 Blue Outboard O/B rated: 25-80 hp
1965 14.9 Evinrude 303602L Sport 14 White Outboard O/B rated: 25-80 hp

1964 16.2 Evinrude 202401E Sweet 16 Gray Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp
1964 16.2 Evinrude 202501E Sweet 16 Blue Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp
1964 16.2 Evinrude 204401E Sport 16 Gray Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp
1964 16.2 Evinrude 204501E Sport 16 Blue Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp

1965 16.2 Evinrude 202402L Sweet 16 Gray Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp
1965 16.2 Evinrude 202502L Sweet 16 Blue Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp
1965 16.2 Evinrude 204402L Sport 16 Gray Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp
1965 16.2 Evinrude 204502L Sport 16 Blue Outboard O/B rated: 40-130 hp

 1964 17 Johnson 101101E Runabout Outboard O/B rated: 50-150 hp
 1964 17 Johnson 101201E Runabout Outboard O/B rated: 50-150 hp
 1964 17 Johnson 101301E Runabout Outboard O/B rated: 50-150 hp
 1965 17 Johnson 101202L Runabout Outboard O/B rated: 50-150 hp
 1965 17 Johnson 101302L Runabout Outboard O/B rated: 50-150 hp

Note: the hp ratings are my own educated guess and don't reflect the actual
BIA ratings.
The 16.2 Evinrudes far outnumber the 14.9 and 17 outboards.

Good hunting!

Lee Shuster