Re: OMC Boats for Newbies [omc-boats] New Member

From: Joe McGill <jmcgill89@...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:31:56 -0400

Lee,

I really want to stay with an outboard. Before I discovered that OMC made
BOATS, I was looking at various tri-hull open-bow boats....always with the
caveat that they had an OMC outboard. OMC's build quality was second to
none.....I regularly mow my lawn with 3 Lawn-Boys that are in excess of 25
years old.

My wife and I know next to nothing about boats, and this will be our first
experience, but I can say that I want an open-bow boat with an outboard
motor that we can use for cruising and water-skiing.

I am a bit if a shade-tree mechanic, and have rebuilt engines before, so I
could definitely handle working on the Outboard motor.....the question will
be whether I can find an OMC boat with a solid-enough hull, etc.

The ones I'm looking at right now are the Evinrude Outboard models from 64
and 65 (sport '16 and sweet '16 even though it's closed-bow)....and If I see
a Johnson one, I'd consider it.

Thanks for the help!

Joe