RE: omc-boats-digest V1 #162

From: joe sibilia <joesibilia@...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:09:30 -0400

Mike,

I have a 64 Sweet Sixteen outboard that also has rot in the transom. I just
purchased the Seacast composite to "pour" a new transom but have not yet
completed the prep and set-up to do the job. I need to create a new inner
skin as well as a form to support it all during the pour and cure. I'll let
everyone know how the project turns out when completed.

FYI, I found some very good information on the on the Glaspar G3 owners club
website (http://www.fiberglassics.com/g3/glassparg3.html). They built their
transoms in a similar fashion, a sandwich of 4 sheets of 3/8 in plywood (=
1.5 inches), not necessarily protected from the elements and subject to rot
as water soaken in.

Looks like you have lots of work in front of you. Good luck! Keep us
posted.

Joe