Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #155

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:40:14 -0400

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you have your hands full with that one but
a worthy endeavor. Just stay with it and take your time. I am not familiar
with the floor of your boat but assume it is similar to the floor of my 69
Rogue which I replaced last year. I basically removed bad flooring and foam
and replaced it with new materials trying to match the original as close as
possible. You can still get plywood, fiberglass mat and resin, 2-Part
polyurethane foam and t-nuts. You may have to work on the stringers that run
the length of the boat under the floor. Do all this work in the winter when
you are not boating. A soft floor can wait thru the summer. Mine waited many
years. It takes time to figure out what you are going to do and to gather
materials. There are scattered sources for parts - the boat parts are hard
to find - the OMC sterndrive parts are fairly easy but can get expensive. My
best source is e-bay but you have to watch it almost daily. You need a
parts manual for the specific boat and motor. Try the Ken Cook site. You
need to know the part number when searching for parts. One good source is
Dave Losvar at 1-800-332-0803 for the boat parts. They might have the seat
brackets. I have seen a few boats parted out on e-bay, not often though.
Good luck! BTW -we had a boat like yours when I was a teenager - a sweeet
ride!!! Tom Klauber