1966 Evinrude

From: Jared Bourquin <jaredbourquin97@...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:08:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I recently acquired a 1966 Evinrude Sportsman with a
150hp V-6. It's a fixer upper. The previous owner
had it sitting out and hasn't been run for 5 or 6
years. I've cleaned it out and put in new lube, oil,
replaced the bilge, new key ignition, so on and so
forth.

I'm new to boat ownership and the old outdoor carpet
has completely rotted out. I want to put in some
replacement carpet but have a few questions that I
though you guys could help me with. The vinyl is
still intact on the seats and they look like it'll
clean up nicely. The webbing under the seat i'm going
to replace by weaving vinyl twine under the seat.

It seems some of the foam has rotted out in some areas
in the floor, in other words in some spots the
flooring is soft. How do I replace the old floor
discs that hold the seat brackets in place? The one
i've pulled has a nut imbedded in foam under the
fiberglass, but the area has rotted out so putting it
back into place will be impossible. Any ideas? Being
new to boats I don't know how to replace them and am
willing to use a work around to set them back into the
flooring.

Also i'm missing the seat brackets for the two back
seats. Anyone know where I can get some?

I'm replacing the old gas tank with a new plastic tank
which will help b/c the panel doesn't work anymore and
i'll be able to see the gas level with having to get a
new instrument panel.

Also any pointers about the boat, misc. info would
help as well.

Thanks,

Jared Bourquin