RE: Original Seat Restoration

From: Gregory B. Fell <gfell@...>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:00:57 -0500

My seats are important to me, as well. I have the 1969 Evinrude Sportsman
(pictures are on the site). I am fortunate to have no cracks in my vinyl.
However, the webbing that you've described has basically disintegrated on
all of the seats. I was starting to sink in the driver's seat. I knew it
was just a matter of time before that extra stretching caused by the lack of
support caused irreperable harm. I handled it by placing pieces of plywood
under the cushion. It's pretty firm, but better than no support at all.
The frame had a lip on two of the four sides, so I didn't have to drill any
holes.

Greg Fell