Re: Original Seat Restoration

From: Mstvsnd@...
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:38:35 EDT

I don't know how you'd go about recovering the original seats. The outer
cover and color seems pretty integral to the seat itself.

The work I've done on mine is limited to installing new web slings on the
frames to hold the flotation cushions, and repairing a couple of cracks in the
vinyl skin. To repair the cracks, I cut some vinyl patches, worked them under
the skin and applied epoxy to them through the crack and them duct taped the
crack closed until the epoxy dried, in effect gluing them to the inside surface
of the seat cover. This left a visible "scar", but stopped the spread of the
crack.

I'll go to great lengths to preserve the original seats because they're cool,
and because I like the fact they're individually anchored so I can use three,
two or only one if I'm fishing alone.

Mike Stevesand