Re: Sport '16 vs Sportsman

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:36:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/03 9:23:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
lib1@... writes:

> Also, does anyone know if the factory 210 hp engine was ever installed in
the
> late 1969-70 forward contol 16' hulls? This one appears earlier than the
one
> on Phil's website.
>
> Here's one that I found listed (incorrectly ?) with 230 hp and it's listed
> as an Explorer 16'. A 16 foot hull must fly with the small-block Chevy!

Yikes ! I've never seen THAT model before. It does look like the motor is
original to the hull. I have a 1970 Johnson "Surfer" with that 210hp motor
in it,
but my boat is 19' long.

If it isn't the stock motor, then the out drive may not be capable of
handling
the extra power if it is designed for the 155 hp V-6.

Lee Hazen