Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #99

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:49:56 -0400

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you got your hands full of boats! You
can't find much better boats than these ( we have the Evinrude models here
in the U. States but I guess they are pretty much the same ). We really do
not have a lot of rules here about what should stay stock or not - It is so
hard getting boat parts that you should concentrate on enjoying your boat
with whatever it takes to keep it running and looking decent. If you want a
new faster engine, go for it - if you want to make a crab trawler out of
it - be my guest - I have 2 1969 Rogues, one is a work in progress (seen on
the web site) and the other is in storage. I've had them both since 1982 -
They are almost impossible to give away or much less sell but new ones cost
too much and are not as durable. Get you a Seloc manual to help with OMC
repairs and hunt for parts on the internet - ebay helps and monitor this web
sit for help. I do not have any leads on the green running light - I would
like to call the manufacturer and see what it would cost to re-issue them
but I don't know who that is. Anybody out there know?? Have fun! Tom
K. Marion, SC