Evinrude Sportsman 155 for sale

From: Chad Chambers <cj5guy@...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:00:55 -0500

Fellow Evinrude/Johnson Owners,

I've decided, due to reasons unrelated to the boat, that I'm going
to sell my Evinrude Sportsman 155. It can be viewed on the OMC Boats webpage
@... this link and by scrolling down to "Chad Chambers 1968 Evinrude
Sportsman". http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/sport2.html

I have done a little work to it so far, but it still needs some TLC.
Since I've owned it I've rebuilt the carburetor, steam cleaned the fuel tank,
replaced the tires on the trailer and repositioned the bow stop so it
tows correctly. (It was too far back when I purchased it.) It still needs to
have the lower unit water pump replaced and according to Stone and Sons
Marine, they have the part in stock for less than $30. The boat starts and
runs well, but is not cooling due to the faulty lower unit water pump. The
previous owner had also installed new seats and carpeting and it's been
repainted in the last 5 years or so. The trailer also needs some wiring work.

It's not a bad looking boat at all and it would be a pretty easy
winter's worth of tinkering to have a very nice and sea-worthy boat. I'm
asking $1000 for boat and trailer and a brand new service manual I purchased
from Stone and Son's Marine. I also do have a clear title for it. I am
somewhat negotiable on the price if anyone is seriously interested in it.
There are some additional details available about it on the web link above.

Chad Chambers