Re: 16' 1969 Evinrude Sportsman 155

From: bill.parkinson@...
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:32:05 +0000

Good hearing from you.... yep you would have to open up the engine compartment
to put an outboard on it.... The boat if it is an inboard motor like mine...
1965 origianlly had a 4 cylinder 2 stroke motor... this motor is the same motor
as the outboard models.. they just turned it on its side and bolted it up to an
OMC (Outboard marine Corporation) stern drive. Later years I have been told
that they used a Willys Jeep engine...

The motor is a DU1 about 88 or 90HP.

As with all boats the engine most of the time is worth far more than the boat.

You might try calling Outboard Jack in Houston. I have been getting some rare
parts for my engine from him... Maybe he can give you a better idea of what to
do or even supply you with the original motor setup. His number is 713-686-9997.

Hope this helps...