Re: 16' 1969 Evinrude Sportsman 155

From: Matt Urick <matt@...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:53:41 -0400

The boat originally had the 155hp 225 V6 I/O in it. The engine froze, and
the last owners pitched it - manifolds and all. What I was thinking about
doing was put a Mercuriser 150hp 230 Straight 6 in it, but the forward edge
of the engine compartment will have to have a section removed for hose
clearance. To be honest, my wife doesn't like the boat. She called it a
"floating mini bus". Because neither of us are attached to, I'm not sure if
I want to put the time and energy to locate and install the proper motor for
it. So I thought I would feel around and see if I could come up with a
value for the boat the way it sits, before I take the saws-all to it and
make the Merc fit.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind when/if I decide to locate the
original V6 for it.

Matt Urick