RE: Good news / bad news about getting a replacement windshield

From: Greg Van Vliet <gvanvliet@...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:19:19 -0700

I have actually wondered if anyone else would want a windshield done at the
same time. I think the initial stiffening setup cost represents about 30%
of the total, and the production setup probably another 20% - 30%.
 Therefor, it spread out over 3 or 4 orders the actual unit price might be
closer to CDN$250.00 (that's US$162 at the current exchange rate). My old
windshield is flexible enough to curl up to fit in a square box. If the
new material is similar then shipping wouldn't be a big deal.

Is anyone else interested?

My bottom gasket is pretty much intact but it certainly shows age. I
thought I would just look for a similar profile gasket if mine becomes
useless.

Greg Van Vliet
gvanvliet@...