Re: [OMC-Boats] 69 Sportsman Parts List

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 23:35:09 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, tklauber@... wrote:
> Anybody out there have a parts list for the 1969 Evinrude Sportsman 155 Boat? I have the parts list
> for the outdrive. Would be willing to pay money for it. There is a nice anchor light fixture and
> lens for sale on ebay. It is the one that mounts on the top center of the windshield. I saw a nice
> Mallory V8 distributor go for cheap. It would have been perfect for the Rogue. Got a spare already.
> The distributor had 3 bids. There is a very slow increase in interest in the old stuff but it is
> very slow. I still check ebay every day for cheap parts. I need a life shheeesh!  Tom K.

I've got the parts list for the '70 Evinrude Explorer, which is fairly
similar (lots of parts in common), but the Explorer used an anchor light
mounted on a pole in the rear port corner, so that won't help you.

If you are interested in any other parts (this goes for everyone on the
list), let me know and I can look them up for you. I've been thinking of
scanning it. I've also been thinking of scanning the original dealer
service manual for that boat - any interest?

I look every day off and on for parts - in the past I've looked at every
E/J/O part listed on ebay (much harder now) and tried to keep up every day
so I didn't miss what I was looking for. I haven't been looking lately,
but I did a lot earlier this winter when I was rebuilding my outdrive. I
feel like it's easier to find parts now than it was 5-7 years ago - I don't
know about demand, but there's a lot more supply on ebay. But that's just
my impression - it could be totally backwards.

Ethan