Re: [OMC-Boats] Fuel Pump Woes

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:04:30 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  Very good.

I've pulled the mechanical fuel pump and am off in search of a cover plate and new hoses and a replacement nipple for the carb.  Since I don't have a windshield wiper setup on my Explorer, but for some reason have a wired up fully functioning fused switch that apparently goes nowhere (I'll look for the other end eventually) I'm going to use that switch for the fuel pump.  It will be an added security feature as anyone not familiar with the boat will not know the "Wiper" switch controls the fuel pump (not that I ever leave the boat where someone can drive off in it).

Will keep you posted!

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer

P.S.  TK, good thought but it doesn't have a cut off valve at the tank.