Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC-Boats list status

From: Phil Budne <phil@...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:00:40 -0400 (EDT)

Today's update.

As I've seen no feedback on what I should do with the list, and got
several new posts for the list, I'm forwarding the posts thru...

Here's where I'm at:

I think the community would be best served by having one place to
congregate. Plus the fact that there are (or used to be) two mutually
exclusive groups: people who like to post a lot, and people who don't
want to get a lot of posts.

For now, I'm keeping the list running moderated, so expect delays
between posting and when your message comes thru (could range from
hours to days). In the interests of keeping the list easy to read, if
you're replying, please trim down the original message as much as
possible (ESPECIALLY if you're getting the daily digest). Try to
remember 150 people are seeing your post, so try to keep focus.

Complaints about the list, or questions about how to get off don't
belong on the list; they're great ways to make other people quit.

Finally, I've changed the list settings so that (depending on how you
read mail) replies to individual messages should go to the original
poster. If you think your reply would be useful to everyone, you may
want to check to see what "reply" did, and if your mail reader has a
"reply to all" option. Conversely, your mail reader might send all
replies to everyone. With moderation on, I may catch this and let you
know.

Thanks!
Phil