Re: [OMC-Boats] Spotters Guide to OMC Engine Mounting Types -- Ops! Here's a Type IV

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:35:09 -0700

In my prior email I showed picture links to Types I, II, and III.

Here's a Type IV with the adjustable (using a screw jack) front engine mount on a retro-fit re-powered project with the 140 hp Chevy 4 in a Deluxe 17.
You can see the floor stringers that have been added to support the front and rear Type IV floor mounts.

OMC only offered the Type IV mounts on mid-seveneties and newer Chevy Inlines ( 4 & 6) and the small block Ford V-8's.
(No GM V-8's (Buick or Chevy) were ever fitted with a Type III mount.)

http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/hendren/hendren_omc_motor.jpg

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City