Re: [OMC-Boats] '66 for sale....

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:31:16 -0800 (PST)

>A face only a mother could love:

Heyyyyy....Be nice.  That's the sister-ship to my '70 Explorer!  I'm no mother but I remembered seeing that boat with it's forward helm and clear open interior to the rear when I was all of like 12yo and it stuck with me ever since.  Now I have one of my own.

Regarding that very FrontRunner, CheapOldBoats is not that far from Dallas so I did an overnight trip last year staying in Tulsa and visiting their yard.

I cannibalized her for replacement parts for my Explorer. I took the complete windshield assembly and various other components to replace stuff on my boat.  Their pic is more than a year old and not representative of it's current condition.  Not sure they still have her.

Anyway, mine is pretty much 100% back together.  Unfortunately the rebuild and debugging took me until the end of last years boating season so I've only had her out "successfully" about 2 times.  I'm patiently waiting for the start of the new season.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer