Re: [OMC-Boats] Need help with windshield part

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:13:25 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Bob & Sally wrote:
> I have a broken corner piece on my three piece windshield. It is the
> translucent piece on the starboard side that makes the corner between the
> front and side glass. Any ideas on a replacement? Bob

According to the parts manual for my '70 Evinrude Explorer 16', the part
you're looking for is 907108 "Base, starboard." If anyone finds a source
for these, I'm looking for the port one (907109). I'd strongly
recommending doing something about it - I put off replacing it for too long
and now I'm missing the portside pane in my windshield - I hit a wave and
the glass popped out and fell into the water. I had tried epoxying it back
together (it cracked again very quickly) and using some rubber
weatherstripping to better pinch the window in place, but neither idea
worked.

Ethan